Parasitic Infection in America

There’s no use denying it, reports of parasitic infection have been appearing more frequently, and in places you might not expect. Some estimates place the infection rate at 90% in the US alone. Another estimates shows that as many as 50% of preschool children are infected with pinworm. With symptoms like; chronic Fatigue, irregular digestion, and irritated bowels, many people will go through they life never suspecting that a parasitic infection is causing their symptoms. This is a major risk to the health of Americans, one which is still under the radar.


Why would Americans worry about parasites? Parasites are found in every economic climate, though they are more prevalent poorer countries. Literally every facet of our survival deal with parasites, such as in our food and drinking water. There are 150,000 different kinds of parasites, and there are even fewer laboratories that do broad spectrum tests.  Parasites are often discovered in surgery, during operation on a failed organ. Not only does this shock surgeons, but I’m certain it shocks patients as well.

Are you at risk? You may not believe your in the risk group. Well, you’re wrong. Do you eat food? Drink Water? (which I’m going to guess you do)  you are at risk for parasitic infection!

Roundworm from pets:  Most cats and dogs have a roundworm infection. By sleeping with your pet, you greatly increase the chance of getting a parasitic infection from them!

Raw fish:  Many parasites can be found in raw fish. Among them, the Anisakis roundworm. This worm can cause fatal organ damage if left untreated. Due to the lack of FDA inspectors, only 10% of fish is inspected. Even still, you cannot tell if a fish is infected just by looking it at. Many can only be viewed on the microscopic level. There no way to tell if fish you’r eating is safe. Cooking a fish thoroughly can help insure any parasites within the fish are killed.

Tap water: There have been many cases of parasitic infections spreading from contaminated tap water. Many hundreds of people have died from this. Many more people continued on, never knowing the sometimes fatal damage being done to them.

Food: Many foods you eat come from other countries, and there is no way to insure your food is not contaminated without giving it a good wash with soap. However, even if you buy local, that doesn’t mean the food is parasite free.


Common parasites found in human intestines:

Pork Tape Worm (Taenia Solium): Infections come from eating raw or under cooked pork  Larvae grow in the body, causing cysts which can occur in the brain, leading to seizure and death.

Round Worms: According to “The WHO” one billion people are infected with round worms. Growing over 14″ long, and laying 200,000 eggs each day, these worms can cause intestinal blockages. Symptoms include rashes, stomach pain, asthma, eye pain and more, often depending on what part of the body houses the infection.

Pin Worms: An infection commonly found in children. The CDC states in some countries the infection rate is as high as 61%. Children can often get pin worms from playing dirt. Usually there are no symptoms but itching of the anus. Children are at high risk for parasitic infections.

Giardia Parasite: Giardia is the most common intestinal parasites in people. Contaminated water, food, or soil. Symptoms may include fatigue, diarrhea, stomach cramps,   nausea, and chills.

Whip Worms: Infecting more then 500 million people, this worm can lay over 10.000 eggs per day. The eggs are often found in dry goods such as grains, beans, and rice.  This worm causes blood loss that will lead to anemia.

Hookworms: A microscopic worm that sucks  your blood through your intestinal wall. Damage to the intestinal wall causes blood loss, leading to anemia. This worm has been known to get into the heart, causing a fatal infection. Animal feces often carry hookworms.  There are few symptoms that accompany this infection, and are often not experienced until there is damage to the heart or intestines.


The best parasite cleanse:  Dr. Omar Amin’s parasite cleanse; “Freedom, Cleanse, Restore” can be found here



Treatment for Tapeworms in Humans

“What is the most effective treatment for tapeworm?” That is the simple question we received from a reader, but, as always seems to be the case, we have several ways to complicate it, as the best treatment for tapeworm depends on several factors. First, who is suffering from the tapeworm infection? Is this a human tapeworm infection, or is a dog or cat infected with tapeworm? Also, there are a few different kinds of tapeworm, which also bears on tapeworm treatment options. We can’t even leave the word itself alone, as “tapeworm” is often spelled “tape worm,” although the latter spelling is incorrect. We’re writing an article, not a book, so we’ll have to confine ourselves to human tapeworm infections and explore the most effective (i.e., best) treatment for tapeworm in humans.

We must say up front that if you suspect that you (or anyone else you know) has tapeworm, get thee to a doctor. Tapeworm infections need to be addressed by medical professionals. Tapeworms can grow to be over 12 feet long and they can live inside your intestines for years. That said, tapeworm infections are rare, thanks largely to U.S. laws that regulate the feeding practices of domestic food animals, and somewhat surprisingly (given the size they can grow to), they rarely cause the blockage of one’s intestines. The tapeworms that come from pork (Taenia solium), however, can migrate out of the intestines, causing damage to various tissues in the body (including the heart and brain), a condition known as cysticercosis.

Humans generally become infected with tapeworm when they eat raw or undercooked meat from infected animals. An animal that is infected with tapeworm can pass thousands of eggs in their feces. If meat is handled with extreme recklessness, it could become contaminated with the tapeworm eggs in feces. A piece of meat can also be infected if cysts in an animal’s muscle tissue contain tapeworm larvae. If the contaminated meat is ingested, a tapeworm egg can quickly become a tapeworm larva, which in turn can grow into an adult tapeworm in the intestines. Of course, sometimes the first stage is skipped, as tapeworm larvae can be directly ingested.

Even when an adult tapeworm is living in an individual’s intestines, he or she often experiences no symptoms, making detection of a tapeworm infection difficult. However, sometimes afflicted individuals experience stomach pains, loss of appetite, or diarrhea. (The pork tapeworms mentioned above – the ones that can leave the intestines – often cause more extreme symptoms, like seizures if they enter a victim’s brain.) Once a tapeworm infection is detected, the treatment options are extremely straightforward. A medication is taken by mouth, and most of the time only one dose is needed. The most common medication to treat a tapeworm infection is praziquantal, but niclosamide is sometimes prescribed as well.

So, to get back to our reader’s question, the most “effective” treatment for tapeworm is really the only one. A medication is taken orally, and that’s all there is to it. The real trick is figuring out you have tapeworm. Once this is determined, the treatment is simple.